After a busy working day, dinner has to be prepared pretty quickly to feed the hungry kids and avoid any meltdowns. I have never been one to spend hours in the kitchen so our household dinners are usually simple and easy to make. Tonight's dinner was made out of whatever I found in the fridge; sweetcorn, eggs, coriander and spinach. Spinach is not a huge favourite with my girls but these pancakes were a huge hit!
Sweetcorn & Spinach Pancakes
- 1 can of sweetcorn (around 400g)
- 2 eggs
- 120g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- small handful of coriander
- big handful of spinach (washed, chopped)
- 1 onion
- Pinch of salt & pepper
1. Place all the ingredients in a medium size bowl and blend until combined. You can also use food processor to do this.
2. Put little oil or butter in the frying pan and when hot, drop 2 tablespoons of batter into it. Fry for a few minutes until golden and flip over. If using oil, put the pancakes on top of a tea towel to get rid of excess oil.
3. Carrot & orange salad: grate 1 carrot and peel and cut orange into small pieces.
You could also add cheese or shredded courgette into the pancake batter.