This week has been all about apples. My family went apple picking over the weekend and brought home 6 kilos of organic apples!
Apples are packed with phytonutrients that can help to regulate blood sugar and contain fibre to keep your gut regular. Low in calories apple is a perfect snack!
Try this gorgeous apple & blackberry crumble!
Dairy, gluten and refined sugar-free
- 6 apples, cored and peeled
- 2 cups of blackberries
- 1 cup of gluten-free oats
- 1 cup of peeled almonds
- half a cup of organic runny honey
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Chop apples and put these into a pan with blackberries, add little water and sprinkle of cinnamon and few tablespoons of honey. Simmer for about 6 minutes until soft.
- Make the crumble. Put oats and almonds into a bowl and blitz with hand blender until resembles of breadcrumbs. You can also use food processor for this.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey and pour onto almond-oat mixture. Mix in well.
- Put apple-blackberry mixture in a baking dish and place almond-oat mixture on top.
- Bake in 185C for about 30 minutes or until golden.
Healthy and perfect dessert for the colder autumn days!