The berry season is at full swing here in Finland. You can pick your own blueberries from the forest or from raspberries from bushes or buy a variety of berries from the markets.
Blueberries are antioxidant powerhouses containing vitamin K, vitamin C, manganese and fibre and raspberries are great source of vitamin C, fibre and manganese. Perfect for a sweet tooth!
This summer berry pie is easy to make and tastes heavenly!
- 2 big handfuls of blueberries
- 2 handfuls of raspberries
- 250g gluten-free flour
- 200ml organic butter, melted or use melted coconut oil for dairy-free version
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150ml runny organic honey
- Melt the butter in a pan. Mix baking powder with flour. Preheat oven to 200C.
- Whip butter and eggs together. Once foamy add the honey. Mix the mixture with the flour. Mix in and pour into a pie dish.
- Drop in the berries and bake for 30 minutes.