Our youngest daughter turned 4 today! As part of the Dutch tradition, parents usually prepare 'traktaties' for pre-school, birthday treats to share with all the kids. We made raw cacao, nut and date energy balls which were a huge hit.
These little balls are sugar, dairy and wheat-free and packed with protein.
Makes about 20 balls
- 1 mug of almonds
- 1.5 mug of pitted dates
- 2 tablespoon of raw cacao
- 1.5 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon of peanut butter (good quality, try to choose sugar-free)
- First put almonds in a food processor and grind until fine consistency.
- Add dates and rest of the ingredients. Let it process until it looks quite sticky.
- Make little balls and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Take out of the fridge before serving to soften.
Great as treats or as a snack!