I saw this super simple cookie recipe at http://www.vanelja.com/ which has fantastic healthy recipes (although all in Finnish!) and wanted to try them out. I added a few extras - vanilla extract and raw cacao nibs.
My kids loved doing these and although they don't look very much, they are delicious!
- 1 ripe banana
- 200g of shredded coconut
- half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Half handful of raw cacao nibs on top
- Line baking tray with baking paper. Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Mash or blend bananas till mushy and add all the other ingredients (except cacao nibs). Blend until smooth dough.
- Take a tablespoon and roll the dough into ball. Put it on baking paper and flatten. Sprinkle cacao nibs on top.
- Bake for 15-20min until golden.