I'm always looking for healthy snacks ideas for my kids and myself when we're out & about. These are normally fruit and wholegrain rice cakes but I also love Nakd and Raw Bites's nut bars but these can be pretty expensive if buying every day. So I decided to make some myself and they were delicious! Free from dairy, wheat and sugar, this bar is super easy to make and gives you a nice energy kick!
Raw Cacao Energy Bar (makes 12)
- 10 medjool dates (pitted)
- Big handful of raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of crushed linseeds
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- Put all ingredients into blender and blend until fine crumbs. You may need to clean the blender blades for a few times.
- Press the dough into a small tin / oven tray and freeze for 2 hours.
- Keep left-overs in fridge
You can also make these with banana, berries, dried apple or cinnamon.